Menu
alishia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No wall socket

Hi I received WiFi box today and without realising I have no VM wall socket, how can I set up my Internet if I dont have the wall socket ?

0 Kudos
paultechy
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wall socket

could check outside to see if coax runs into the property somewhere, else would need to have a manned install could give virginmedia call via 0345 454 1111
0 Kudos
alishia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I checked outside and my next door neighbour has a brown Virgin media box attached to their wall and I noticed a wire runs from that box into a little grey box attached to my house ? 

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did you assume you had one before actually looking if you did? Is any cable or co-ax coming into your property behind where this little grey box is?

If you really don't have a connection point you'll have to get in touch with Virgin and they will need to come and install that for you. There isn't usually a charge for this as Virgin should have also known if you were actually connected or not! Once open again i'm sure a staff member will help you out!

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
alishia
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes unfortunately I just assumed and yes there is a wire leading from the grey box outside and it feeds into an open reach box thing, that is there the Internet wire plugs in and it has a socket for a phone wire but no socket for the round vm wire to plug into 

0 Kudos
SteNix2020
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes sounds like Openreach equipment.

Virgin equipment would normally be a Brown box to the exterior of the house which will either feed a White box inside the property directly behind it or a black cable running from it around the property to a entry point.

Must have had services before which is why the Quick Install was available to you, maybe previous tenant/owner removed it all.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alishia,

Thanks for your post,

Sorry to hear this, I have managed to locate your account and can see it is active, have you been installed?

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
Funkelnstaub
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie_p

i have a very similar issue to this and have posted the issue this morning on the community forum. Please can you assist

I’m trying to figure out how to to show you the issue I’ve raised but I can’t seem to add on here 

kind regards 

Nicola 

0 Kudos
alishia
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi, I've got an engineer coming tomorrow to hopefully fit a wall socket 

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Funkenlnstaub, 

thanks for your reply.

Have you created your own thread for this? 

If so can you link it so I can take a look? 

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos