cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket

Ewhit95
Joining in

Placed an order and the lady said we were eligible for quick start self installation. Our self kit was delivered today and we don't have a wall socket to plug it into, we've checked everywhere and we only have the old style one where we can't plug our box into. Any help please?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Being offered QuickStart means a previous resident of your home has had VM service, and so the assumption is that the co-ax connection points are available.

If they're either not apparent, or not where you want them, then you'll need a manned tech install. You can book one either... 1: By waiting here a day or so for staff to pickup, 2: Calling in - try the main CS number 0345 4541111 or pre-installs on 0800 0521734

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Ewhit95 wrote:

Placed an order and the lady said we were eligible for quick start self installation. Our self kit was delivered today and we don't have a wall socket to plug it into, we've checked everywhere and we only have the old style one where we can't plug our box into. Any help please?

What do you mean by old style?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post some pictures of the connections you do have?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ewhit95,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you don't have the right connections for a self install. I've had a look at things from our side and can see you've been able to get in touch with us regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm