cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket for home kit

apurvagupta100
Tuning in

Hello,

I ordered a new VM broadband connection and I got the self install kit. I started following the steps but found out I don’t have a VM wall socket to plug into. What should I do now? I need help from a technician. How do I contact one?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

0345 454 1111 orwait here for VM to get to the thread - that can take a few days

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

if you still cannot find anything then you need to ring to book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony,

I have checked everywhere but I don’t see any suitable box or socket in the building. Please help me get in touch with a technician. 

Thanks

0345 454 1111 orwait here for VM to get to the thread - that can take a few days

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks so much, Tony!

I called that number before but didn’t know I was supposed to choose “Activate connection”. To anyone else who runs into this in the future, follow this selection route: Broadband -> confirm post code -> activate connection -> need help, and they’ll connect you to a customer service agent

Hey @apurvagupta100,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Glad to hear that you have now been able to get this sorted with the help of @-tony-

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hello,

I just got the home kit but I see no Wall socket with the Pin, The only wall socket labelled V is traced to a NTI wall socket.

Please help urgently.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced with the installation Bukola,

However a very warm welcome to the community.

From checking our system I can see that an appointment is booked for this matter.

Has it been resolved for you?

Let us know,

Kain