cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket for broadband

Ifan17
Just joined

My new property doesn’t seem to have a Virgin media box with an antenna port, I only see to have an open reach master socket 5c equipped with Ethernet and phone port, how can I set my WiFi up? 
Thank you in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you were supplied with a quick start kit the property must have had virgin at one point, if it's been removed you'll need to book an engineer 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM only provide quick start if the address has previously had a service. Some previous occupiers remove the wall box, just leaving a trailing wire & connector visible.

Also have a look outside for the incoming feed, which is usually a “shotgun barrel” type cable with coax & phone combined into a brown or grey wall box, from which cables go straight through the wall or exit to other entry points. If you cannot find any of this then a full two-stage install is required with a cabinet drop repull plus internals.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you were supplied with a quick start kit the property must have had virgin at one point, if it's been removed you'll need to book an engineer 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM only provide quick start if the address has previously had a service. Some previous occupiers remove the wall box, just leaving a trailing wire & connector visible.

Also have a look outside for the incoming feed, which is usually a “shotgun barrel” type cable with coax & phone combined into a brown or grey wall box, from which cables go straight through the wall or exit to other entry points. If you cannot find any of this then a full two-stage install is required with a cabinet drop repull plus internals.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ifan17.

Thank you for posting on the community page.

I am sorry for the issues that you have had with your installation.

I was able to locate your account using your account details, I can see a complete work order on your account for an installation, is everything sorted for you now?

Please let me know.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide