cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall box at new house!

Ddotbuk
Tuning in

Hi, 

Just got the keys to my new house. Previously set up the switch which should be happening tomorrow-- however I noticed immediately that all the cabling has been removed from the exterior of the house as a Sky Engineer has ripped it all out and the previous owner has removed the interior wall box and painted over it. Very frustrating. 

Annoying since my Internet is supposed to be switched on Sunday morning, how can I get an engineer out to replace the connection? All seems well up to the brown box but then obvious cut to the cable after that going into the house. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Here are so. umbers you can try:

Pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ddotbuk

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your installation. I'm sorry to hear that your interior box has been removed. Just to clarify, did you register for QuickStart self installation or will you be having a manned install?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I opted for the Quick install as it was assumed that there was already an installation from the brown box outside. 

I managed to get through to the pre-installs team and I have an engineer appointment tomorrow. Thanks for following up though. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ddotbuk,

Thank you for the update on this 🙂 I am glad to see this, please do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

All was well in the end, the engineer replaced the exterior connection.

However, the engineer found that the isolator I was sent in the post was faulty as well as my line never having been activated despite the usual SMS process confirming otherwise.

So it's a good thing he was there to help with that. 

Hi Ddotbuk,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the update, glad to hear the technician was able to get you up and running?

Regards

Paul.