Menu
Vianc
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No virgin socket

I don’t see any virgin socket in my house so I couldn’t connect the hub to set up. But I will do some work in my front porch and I can see a openreach socket on the wall where the builder will be going to pull it down. May I ask if I call the virgin media technician to come for the socket installation, can I require him to install in another side of the wall? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin socket

Virgin dont use openreach

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have a look outside for a brown or grey box and trace coax from there if you locate.
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vianc, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you don't have a VM socket in the inside of your home. If you have been sent equipment to plug in then this is because we have installed a previous customer at the address. If you're not able to find the socket, speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 3 then 3 again so the team can convert this to a manned install for you where an engineer will come out to install things instead. 

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos