cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

mjames1987
Joining in

Received the hub but no wall socket to connect. The one that I have cannot be connected to

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some pictures of the wall box you do have, and the Hub cable connector.

have you traced the cabling from the external white/brown omnibox, to where it comes into the property. The internal socked or bare cable usually comes in right at that point - what is actually near that point on the internal wall where the external cable comes in - post a picture

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mjames1987, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you don't have a VM wall socket so are unable to install your equipment. We can convert this to a manned install for you but will need to confirm some information with you first. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs