cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

Purpleowl
Joining in
  • Hi I'm expecting my kit tomorrow but can't see a wall socket only a phone line box. Should I cancel and request an engineer to install. 
  • Don't understand why I would qualify for Quick Start if the property didn't have the right connections? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self-Serve QuickStart is usually offered where there's previously been VM service at the address - but VM won't have known where the co-ax sockets physically were, much less where you want them.

You will therefore need a manned engineer install. You can call into book that - 0800 0521734 is pre-installs, 0345 4541111 general CS. Or wait here - which might take a day or so - for a staff team response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self-Serve QuickStart is usually offered where there's previously been VM service at the address - but VM won't have known where the co-ax sockets physically were, much less where you want them.

You will therefore need a manned engineer install. You can call into book that - 0800 0521734 is pre-installs, 0345 4541111 general CS. Or wait here - which might take a day or so - for a staff team response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Is this a co-ax socket? Thank you. 

Screenshot_20220331_075435.jpg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Purpleowl wrote:

Is this a co-ax socket? Thank you. 

 It is the correct fitting. Try it and see.

Hi, I have a new account, [MOD EDIT: Personal info removed], I have tried to set the hub up, but the virgin coaxial wall socket is not connected to anything ..I have lived in this house for 7 years and never had Virgin before So I assume it must've been taken out by the previous owner. I need an engineer to connect it but have been unable to either speak to, or text to anybody (except a robot that doesn't understand). HELP

Edward Wright [MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]

Hey there @ted_wright, thanks for the post and welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with the installation.
I will get this sorted out for you and send you an invite to a private message - watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs