cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

Angrypanda1
Joining in

So I have just recieved my modem and everything for quickstart, but I need to have the wall socket installed, but cant seem to arrange for an engineer to assist.

Please can someone help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Angrypanda1,

Sorry to see you are having installation problems.

You could  try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to organise an engineer appointment.

You can contact them by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile , or  0345 4541111 from any other phone (local rate included in most phone plans) or freephone number 0800 052 0422

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you but it's a weekend and will probably take a few days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Angrypanda1
Joining in

Ok, so I arranged for my new modem to be installed in my flat because i am new to this... So today I recieve my modem, but no one was here to help install it..

I know I need it to be installed because i dont have a VM wall socket...and i cant get hold of anyone that can arrange an engineer to install it.

Please help.

Do you have a cable with a connector on the end of it within your home? Sometimes no wall box is fitted, just a trailing lead? Sometimes a previous cable may have been cut short by past occupants of the property or other service installers. Are there any traces left behind of a previous installation?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Angrypanda1,

Sorry to see you are having installation problems.

You could  try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to organise an engineer appointment.

You can contact them by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile , or  0345 4541111 from any other phone (local rate included in most phone plans) or freephone number 0800 052 0422

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you but it's a weekend and will probably take a few days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No, there are no other points that i can see.. there is one for tv and radio as well as for phones, but none for modems.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Angrypanda1 wrote:

No, there are no other points that i can see.. there is one for tv and radio as well as for phones, but none for modems.

The Virgin cable carries both internet & TV signals. When the networks were first built they supplied TV & FM radio, so some of the older outlets are marked TV & FM. If you have one of these you need to connect to the outlet marked TV.

Post a photo of the outlet you have as it could be one of these.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

20210822_014132.jpg

 this is what is currently here.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Angrypanda1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first thread and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Virgin Media Qucikstart box!

Apologies about the delay in response. 

I was able to locate your account and I can see that you've already been in touch with the team and was able to book in a technician appointment to help you install our services. 

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help. 

We're more than happy to assist.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs