cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket- options?

jgg246
Joining in

I’ve just got my hub 3 and trying to set it up, however noticed I don’t have a wall socket as described for the push for cable.

I was offered quick install - I have a brown box outside feeding a cable* in from the past owners of the house, of which had a 6db attenuator attached. 

can I take the broadband from this as not been successful so far? Or are there any converters possible? Or does it require a call out?

 *the white cable out the wall goes to the second image to male connection 

DD120AFD-3850-40E1-861E-59DDD3851228.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could get a technician to install, call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday.

An easier option is to just get a female to female F connector, available from B&Q, Amazon and others. You then just do this:

1) remove the attenuator from the existing cable, plug it into back of hub

2) plug new provided cable into hub

3) other end of this cable, connect the female to female F connector, connect the other side of this to the cable from the wall.

Wiring should go :

cable from wall ——->female to female F connector ———-> cable to isolator——-> isolator ———> attenuator———Hub

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jgg246,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to see you've not been able to set things up, have you been able to call to arrange an engineer since posting?

Let me know if not and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Resolved - required a call-out from an engineer who reconnected us to the circuit box on our street as the wire was quite old from the past tennants.

Hi jgg246,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear the Technician has now got you up and running by reconnecting you to the cabinet outside, as you are now connected don't forget to set up an Online Account so you can view bills, Manage your account and make some minor changes, if you need any further support or have something you wish to share with the community, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.