cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket - NTL socket blocked?

nyleve1993
Tuning in

Hi - we recently moved into a new flat and received our Virgin Media wifi set up box today. But! We don't have a a Virgin Media wall socket, just an old NTL one which doesn't have a socket for the cable. We've taken the front of the box off and inside there is an isolator but nothing else. There is a cable on the right of the box coming from the outside. Assuming that's an old wifi cable and we need to get an electrician out? Or is it something we can solve? Thank you! Photo here:

thumbnail_IMG_9370.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NTL to Virgin Media was just a name change due to the aquisition on Virgin Mobile.

The isolator has a terminator cap (marked below) fitted to the open end.

thumbnail_IMG_9370.jpg

You need a small spanner to remove this, then push the provided connector over the exposed end.

The cable on the right looks like is for a Freeview TV antenna.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NTL to Virgin Media was just a name change due to the aquisition on Virgin Mobile.

The isolator has a terminator cap (marked below) fitted to the open end.

thumbnail_IMG_9370.jpg

You need a small spanner to remove this, then push the provided connector over the exposed end.

The cable on the right looks like is for a Freeview TV antenna.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nyleve1993

Thanks for posting, welcome to both the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂

Thank you nodrogd for your very helpful advice here 🙂 - have you got this sorted since posting myleve1993?

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

thank you! Problem solved 🙂 

sorted!