Menu
CTCapp
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No virgin media socket

I recently purchased VM WiFi from a store, where the salesman said that I would receive a quick start set so that I could set up myself and that there would be no need for an engineer. 

My my hub arrived today with instructions to plug in to the virgin media socket, but there is not one to be found anywhere in my house. 

I have tried calling customer service service and using the text service, all to no avail. Does anyone here have any experience with resolving this? As I am now a paying customer with no service or even any hope of rectifying this issue. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No virgin media socket

you are not paying customer until you've activated the hub by connecting it up - so no need to worry there.

you'll need to contact CS and request an engineer visit to install the required cabling.
Unfortunately the "salesperson" at the store clearly didn't do the relevant checks.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart is not available so VM will not charge for a technician to carry out the installation.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
CTCapp
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you know of anyway that I could contact customer support to book this? Everytime I ring I get automatic answers and nothing gets resolved?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you will need to phone CS unfortunately, or you could go back to the store you ordered it from and get them to correct the mistake they made.

you could wait here until someone from VM joins in, but it could take a few days.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi CTCapp,

Apologies for any frustration this has been causing. 

As it’s been a few days since your last post, I was hoping you could let me know how things are at the moment?

What I would like to do is take a look into things a bit further by taking some details from you so I will drop you a PM asking for the information I would need. 

If everything is sorted now and you have no issues with your service, please ignore my PM and just pop back to us on here to let us know. If you are still having these issues then just reply to my PM by clicking on the purple envelope in your own time and we will take things from there.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos