cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media socket inside the house

Andreea_42
Joining in

Good evening! Yesterday I received the Virgin media package, but inside the house I don't have a socket to connect the router! How can I solve this problem I need internet asap! Does an engineer have to come and install that outlet? How should I proceed? Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7

Hello! I just received the package from virgin media yesterday, but in the house where I live, there is no outlet with what I received!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you were offered quick start then the property has had Virgin services in the recent past.

Take a look outside for a brown or grey box with a "shotgun" style bonded cable coming out of the ground. From this the connection will either go straight through the wall or to other locations via outside walls. If just the internal connection is missing this is a simple tech visit to reconnect the outside box.

If, however the outside box is missing or the cabling is cut or missing this will be a longer job, as an outside contractor will be required to reconnect the property to the street cabinet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is the box but the cable seems to be cut as you can see in the picture! I think it takes an engineer to solve this problem! thanks!!!

04905C1D-A77D-447B-8AED-863E3F42F5F1.jpeg

32BCD010-71A5-4863-AF14-F97B9E03C290.jpeg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You need a Tech install... call the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734 - they can sort it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only a guess, but that cable does not look like it’s been cut rather tape put over the F plug. Take off the tape and see if it is a plug. If it is you may be able to get the connection working.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Andreea_42

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have not been able to set up your new equipment due to problems with the cabling. 

I'll pop you over a private message now to grab some details and we will be able to assist further. The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Andreea_52, 

Thanks for posting and our apologies for any delays with the set up of your new equipment. 

I have gone ahead and responded to your thread here to assist you further. 

Speak soon,

Nat