cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media service

Murphyjs2047
Joining in

Today 15-Jan-2022 I have no broadband, TV or phone. Initially virgin media claimed no issues so I followed the reset check cable protocol. Subsequently, VM said there are problems for broadband and TV but phone ok (not the case) how do I register all these faults, when I put mobile number or an email address in the request service update it fails with a sad faced emoji.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do these faults register on the automated status line? 0800 5610061 is usually the best way to check local loss-of-service issues - I can't recall if there's an option for registering issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the fault line phone number. This confirms the broadband and TV are faulty but does not mention the phone. The link to the fault page suggest phone is ok. The automated update states problem will be rectified by 6.15pm.  however I was hoping to have updates sent (text or email) incase the service is restored earlier.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Murphyjs2047 wrote:

<snip>   however I was hoping to have updates sent (text or email) incase the service is restored earlier.

I've never had any updates from VM regarding faults, so I don't think they offer this service.  It's just a case of checking now and again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There used to be an option on the online status tool, but the signup was a bit buggy whenever I used it. From distant recollection, I think one of the C/S numbers did (at one stage) have an option to register - but it's been so long that I had cause to, it may well have changed.

I selected TV issue and was offered a mechanism to receive updates either by text or email. 

https://care.virginmedia.com/care/service-status/get-issue-updates-identified

Screenshot_20220115-120936.jpg

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your phone service supplied via your hub? If not it’s the old hard wired phone service the message probably refers to.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The message needs to be more clear, now that there are two possible routes for the phone.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

All now working as of 17.30, include phone. As to if it's an old analogue or via a digital service (it is an analogue phone) the service is provided by virgin, it did not work so they should not claim all ok. My gripe is they provided a mechanism to supply updates that did not work. Thank you all for taking an interest in my issue. 

This update was sent after a bottle of Budweiser, so please forgive if it causes offence.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for you responses Murphyjs2047, 

Welcome back to the community.

I'm glad to see that the issue is fixed for you now however I apologise for the confusion between the website and our fault service number.

We are always trying to improve our service when it comes to notifying customers of potential area faults so thank you for your feedback.

If you do have anymore queries then don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,

Kain