cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No socket for Virgin, only NTL!

J13Hammer
Joining in

As title says, I’ve been sent a self installation virgin media router, but the connections in my house appear to be old NTL connections / as far as I can see there’s nowhere to plug in the wires I’ve gotten. 

Not sure if I just need an engineer or if there’s some solution I can reach myself? Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NTK box should be fine, but please post a photo of it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NTK box should be fine, but please post a photo of it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I will do once I am home - none of the sockets on them match the wires I’ve been given though. Is it possible that there are adaptors that could be used? 

C35F20B6-01E3-4A06-8331-3F5E5718D15D.jpeg

A13912F5-BF40-4E9A-84CB-480D8F01960D.jpeg

 These are not the photos from my house, but are the same connections present.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try tracing the wire in the bottom picture to see if it goes to the outside omnibox. The top picture is a phone socket, not used for VM broadband. 

Tudor

Hello J13Hammer,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.
Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having setting up your quickstart kit.

I'm hoping from the lack or response to the last post, it is all okay now.

Can you please let us know if that is the case? 

Gareth_L

Yes, sorry, thank you for the help! There was already an adaptor in the socket that was throwing me off! Removed it and everything is great now.

Hi @J13Hammer

Thank you for your reply and good morning.

Great to hear this is all now sorted for you having found the mystery adapter 😉 I hope you have a great day!

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs