cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No socket - No engineer

JamesFord1985
Joining in

Hi all. 

I ordered a quick start kit as I was told my property was compatible (presumably a previous tennant had a wall socket) but this has been long disconnected and likely plastered over. 

As a result I’m sat here waiting for VM to reinstall. One engineer visited the property, scratched his head and left. I waited in all day for a second engineer and no one arrived. I’ve called the helpline who assured me that they understood the problem but clearly did not.

On top of all that I’ve just had my first bill which I understand is more than usual but it stings a bit when I’ve had no internet whatsoever and have no idea when the issue will be resolved. 

Any advice welcome. 

james. 

14 REPLIES 14

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JamesFord1985,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've faced some complications with your Quickstart and are now waiting for a engineer visit to complete the installation for you. Have you been advised as to when the installation work is now scheduled to go ahead?

In regards to your bill, we wouldn't charge you until the services are installed and activated. If you have any disputed charges once the installation has been completed, please let us know and we can get this looked into and amended if needed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks very much for your reply Zach. 

I have found that an engineer is coming on 11th March but this information was only obtained by looking at my app. No details about what the visit will involve. Regarding the billing, I have been billed on 24th Feb but as stated, no service of activation has occurred. 

Hi JamesFord1985, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're glad to hear the visit has been booked for you. The team will be able to install the services fully for you on that date. 

Once the services are up and running, as mentioned by Zach, pop back to us here and we'll be able to sort the billing issues out. We won't be able to credit the account until the installation is done. 

Pop back here and let us know how the visit goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath. 

The engineer has rebooked for today before 1pm for a ;line pull'.

Its 11 now but I am not holding my breath. Where do I stand in cancelling this contract if the engineer doesnt arrive today. 

@JamesFord1985 wrote:

Thanks Kath. 

The engineer has rebooked for today before 1pm for a ;line pull'.

Its 11 now but I am not holding my breath. Where do I stand in cancelling this contract if the engineer doesnt arrive today. 

dont cancel even if you go elsewhere - just let it happen as and when and cancel in the 14 day cooling off period

if you cancel now all work is likely to stop so if you wanted VM in the future you will be back to square one

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony. Am i still within my 14 day cooling off period though as i ordered initially back in Jan (although have no cable and no internet yet obviously)

@JamesFord1985 wrote:

Thanks Tony. Am i still within my 14 day cooling off period though as i ordered initially back in Jan (although have no cable and no internet yet obviously)

your 14 day cooling off starts when the connection goes live or should do 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Ok so no engineer has turned up. I have spoken to an advisor from VM on the phone just now who has cancelled or 'disconnected' the account. I am under the impression that there will be no charge however ill report back here if this is not the case and then seek advice on the appropriate course of action. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JamesFord1985,

Thank you for the update, please do let us know if you do need further help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide