cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service technical support

Dave_Ives
Tuning in

Can someone explain why next day engineer appointment for Saturday is Tuesday? Have the weekdays been reordered? This is the promise for Oomph customers, which is obviously now a breach of agreement. Doesn't help when the customer service advisor says "You're right" but Tuesday is what you're getting, oh and by the way if you're not in we'll charge you £50. If the engineer doesn't arrive we'll credit you £25, so when did an engineer's time become more valuable than mine!

On the subject of contacting the technical service when there is no service at all, 789 is useless, it doesn't work with any other provider. We had to get my son, who has the Virgin SIM, to stop what he was doing and come home! Why is there no landline number - your CSA obviously struggled with this as he thought it would work on any phone and said there was no such number. Training needed there, methinks. He did also keep suggesting we go onto various Web pages, HELLO? I HAVE NO INTERNET! UNTIL TUESDAY!

12 REPLIES 12

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

789 is for mobile support so even if you rang it it would not help

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 gets you BB support or there are some chat mobile numbers but afaik you contact them and they get back to you in their own time

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a residential contract, there is no SLA, fault fixing is on a best endeavours basis. You are lucky to get an appointment as soon as Tuesday. If you want a service with an SLA you need to get a business contract. See also

T&C's of the automatic compensation scheme at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Screenshot_20211121-212524_My Virgin Media.jpg

 This is the page that I referred to when the service failed. Note 789 is the number given

' Note 789 is the number given'

which is for those with a virgin mobile to call. although it wouldn't hurt them to add the word 'virgin' after the word 'your' to make things clearer.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Dave_Ives,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you had a delay with getting this fixed, we can only send out who we have available at the time.

I can see this engineer visit is now complete, how is everything since this?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you for asking. I am told all is fine as I am away this week. 

On my other question re 789, is there a number that can be used instead as when the whole lot fails and the virgin mobile is unavailable (as it was initially in this case) there was no other way of calling you that I could find at the time. Is the number given further up the thread correct, and are the comments that I shouldn't have been using 789 anyway correct? Either way, there needs to be clearer guidance that doesn't solely rely on Virgin short codes, or, when you do get through, finding someone who keeps referring to apps and websites when internet is down and data is limited (because I've been working through apps guidance on checks already)

Thank you again, although disappointed at slow response for what turned out to be a faulty wall box.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Phone numbers: 

Check with Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor, I'll put those on one side

@Dave_Ives wrote:

Thanks Tudor, I'll put those on one side

Tony posted those numbers last Saturday did you not read the post.