Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service engineer

Vaccman
Joining in

Hi there

F45EA3CE-45A9-4F40-B859-1992B52ADFA9.png

hi there, I’ve got a 2nd Engineer installation appointment tomorrow. With the 1st appointment in June, the engineer turned up and the external work hadn’t been carried out.

As can be seen in the screen shot from the virgin app, the service request still hasn’t been carried out.

Do I wait in again for an engineer to turn up only for him/her not able to do the work? 

I am lost as what to do. Do I go to another supplier as I’ve still got no broadband and using my mobile as a hot spot to do my work. 

many thanks,

Nick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the external work hasnt been done then the install Tech will be able to do nothing.

I commented on a similar thread recently

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Does-anyone-know-the-company-VM-outsource...

TBH - if another hi-speed ISP can connect you now - you should consider doing it - maybe on a monthly contract (4G/5G?).  Let the VM installation run its course - it will happen when it happens. When its installed and running to your satisfaction then that is day 0. You have 14 days from that day to just cancel it at no cost to yourself and stick with your new provider - or vice versa.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the external work hasnt been done then the install Tech will be able to do nothing.

I commented on a similar thread recently

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Does-anyone-know-the-company-VM-outsource...

TBH - if another hi-speed ISP can connect you now - you should consider doing it - maybe on a monthly contract (4G/5G?).  Let the VM installation run its course - it will happen when it happens. When its installed and running to your satisfaction then that is day 0. You have 14 days from that day to just cancel it at no cost to yourself and stick with your new provider - or vice versa.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you John.

I don't understand why Virgin stated on inputting my postcode that super fast cable was already available to my road/house. 

I remember when they were rolling out cable that when you inputted your postcode, if it wasn't already available it came back to you telling you this at the very start.  Why don't the do this now? At least by registering an interest for my road they can grab a load of potential leads and get the external line put in. 

I've wasted over a month now trying to sort this out with Virgin and am now going to look at another provider.

I've just taken a call from the Virgin Engineer who is still coming to my house today even though the external work hasn't been completed. What a waste of time for him too.  

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They know that your house is serviceable but if you werent offered the "quick start pack" then it has not been installed there previously. That should be straightforward but they often find that pulling the cable through the duct is impossible due to a blockage. If that is the case then the street has to be dug up to clear the block and they have to go through your local council and their 3d party street digging teams for that - you can start to see why things can go pear-shaped in that to do.
That might not be the case for you though - ask the Tech what the issue is.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Vaccman

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that there is a delay with your install. 

I have just taken a quick look over your account and I can see that you managed to speak with the team yesterday, did they manage to advise you where things are up to?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

got this message from Virgin earlier this week. 

work outside still hasn’t been done. Not sure if end of the week means Sunday. I’ll give one last try with Virgin. Installation engineer is due a week today (7th of August). 

i just don’t believe what I am told by customer support which is pretty terrible. 

Do senior Management know or care how damaging this is to the brand or do Virgin think that because they have the monopoly on cable that they don’t have to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

D7ED8E80-CB08-4666-B726-BA7DA657D558.jpeg

Vaccman
Joining in

Losing the will to live with Virgin.  This will be the 3rd installation engineer coming on Saturday between 1 and 6.

External work has still not been completed despite a text message stating the work would definitely be completed last week from Virgin.

Installation engineer said that the contractors have had more than enough time to get permission from the council. In fact, they did come down the road last week, however the work was not completed 😞

Any ideas? The comms from Virgin has been garbage. 

Z92
Trouble shooter

Pop in your postcode in one.network 

It'll tell you if there are planned works in your area. If it says there is not, the chance is slim that the work will be done in time, but it can still happen on the day. 

I certainly wouldn't be booking any time off work yet.

Vaccman
Joining in

I’m due my 3rd installation engineer on Saturday between 1 and 6 after 2 wasted visits due to external work not completed.

Was promised that the external work would be completed by last week.

Yet here I am again on here, wondering if there is any point whatsoever waiting in. The last engineer said that they had done some work and that council would have given permission to do the work by now.

Why are the comms completely non existent as to why the work hasn’t been done? It seems that Virgin do not care about customers. 

One last time I’ll give this useless organisation a chance before I give up completely. 

B722A9F2-1D9D-480D-8216-0CC2DF98D5A5.jpeg

Hi Vaccman, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed in the past. 

Looking at the account today, I can see that the visit is still scheduled to go ahead so as it stands there's no reason to believe this won't be the case. 

I understand it's frustrating but hopefully the installation will go ahead without any further works being necessary. 

Due to the dissatisfaction you've expressed in your post, I'd like to raise a complaint so the delay is noted on there. I have sent you a private message requesting some details. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs