cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No round cable connection

AlicatSA
Just browsing

Hey,

I have just received my quick start pack but my Virgin Media wall socket does not have the right connection for the round splitter cable. It only seems to have ethernet connections?

How can I get this rectified?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AlicatSA 

The box named Virgin was just for a landline .

The box marked NTL was the name of the original cable provider before NTL announced it would change it's name to Virgin Media on 8th November 2006.

Most hubs come preactivated, however it's possble that yuors still needs activating.

Call the activation line  0800 953 9500 - yuo will need the hub serial number, and also probably your account and area number which should be on your paperwork.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AlicatSA wrote:

Hey,

I have just received my quick start pack but my Virgin Media wall socket does not have the right connection for the round splitter cable. It only seems to have ethernet connections?

How can I get this rectified?

Sometimes VM's connection is via a trailing cable rather than a VM wall box. If you want to post up photos of what connections you do have available, forum users can advise. If not, you can try the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 to book a technician install?

A VM forum team member will reply here within a few days.

AlicatSA
Just browsing

16639479254964528079839415572389.jpg

 here are the connections I have

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AlicatSA wrote:

16639479254964528079839415572389.jpg

 here are the connections I have

The box you are after is the box in the middle marked ntl:.

On the bottom is the coax connection (left hand side) that you need to connect too. Your cable is push fit, so is wide enough to push over the existing screw connection. Then you should be good to go!

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for that.

I did try that originally but my router just sits with an Orange light after it's gone through the setup process? Do you know why I would connect to the ntl box and not the Virgin Box?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AlicatSA wrote:

Hi, thanks for that.

I did try that originally but my router just sits with an Orange light after it's gone through the setup process? Do you know why I would connect to the ntl box and not the Virgin Box?

ntl: bought Virgin Moblie some years ago. The combined company changed its name to Virgin Media under licence from Richard Branson.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AlicatSA 

The box named Virgin was just for a landline .

The box marked NTL was the name of the original cable provider before NTL announced it would change it's name to Virgin Media on 8th November 2006.

Most hubs come preactivated, however it's possble that yuors still needs activating.

Call the activation line  0800 953 9500 - yuo will need the hub serial number, and also probably your account and area number which should be on your paperwork.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

AlicatSA
Just browsing

Ah ok, my bad. Thanks for the information. I think it is sorted now. The router had a more orange light and not white which I thought was an issue but seems to be working properly now.

16639496495557775054505590145949.jpg

 cant really tell from the photo but in real life it is pretty orange

Thanks again for the help

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s ok, VM Hub3s often have a orange/amber LED instead of white, probably due to the cheap LEDs used. Along as it’s not bright red you are ok.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey AlicatSA, thanks for the posts and replies on our help forum.

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused previously with setting up your starting kit with us, glad to see our forum member advice above has been of help though and your service is now up and running!

Please, visit this page here for all the info and steps on how to install your hub.
In case you're facing any issues in the future, feel free to pop back here and post about it - we'll be happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs