cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ringtone on Landline

superrandomcoil
Tuning in

Hi,

Please help. There is no ringtone on my landline and I tried to dial out, I heard the message 'check phone line'.  It also cannot receive calls. I have checked and all cables are secure. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi superrandomcoil, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that there is no ringtone, I have looked at the system and looks okay in the area. Can you try using another handset to see if you get the same issue? ^Chris

I have tried with another phone and still not working.

This has happened before. The last time this happened, an engineer has to come to fix the line. Would you be able to arrange an engineer visit for me?

Cheers

Janet

Thanks for coming back to us @superrandomcoil and for trying another handset.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @superrandomcoil.
I have arranged for the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

The entry phone of the building is connected to the landline phone. Since our landline does not work, we won't be able to buzz the technician in. Please ask him to press the buzzer for the porter (flat 6) to enter.  Also can I give you a number the technician can call in case he can't get in?

Cheers

Janet

Hi @superrandomcoli thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your technician visit.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further, so I can get the request added for you.

Please expect this message to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W