cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No proper VM wall box, and longer cable needed

Toppoboy
Joining in

Recently moved into a house with VM previously installed, and have successfully been using the VM router. Unfortunately, it looks like when the VM was originally installed, a proper wall socket wasn't put in, so the coax cable just pokes out of the wall, which had blown the plaster. We've repaired the plaster and I'd now like to either cover the cable hole with a cover box myself, or see if Virgin can install one of theirs for us. I'm happy to pay the £25 call out fee. Is this something they can do?

We'd also like to move the Hub from where the coax cable comes through the wall, to the other side of the room, but the standard coax is too short, and various threads on here have talked about getting a VM engineer to come out and fit a suitable cable.

Where is best for me to enquire about these? I'm hoping someone will pick up this thread directly really.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

150 from your VM phone or 0345 454 1111 & go down the faults route. Best time to call is 8am weekdays when the UK call centres go live.

Or wait here for a few days & staff should pick up the thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Toppoboy
Joining in

Forgot to add pictures...

received_1556775814747942.jpeg

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try the Pre-install team on 0800 052 1734.

As long as you are within a month of your activation date, the callout for the alterations should be free as the socket is not where you want it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ah unfortunately not, we moved in and activated back in October. Is there a different number I can call?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

150 from your VM phone or 0345 454 1111 & go down the faults route. Best time to call is 8am weekdays when the UK call centres go live.

Or wait here for a few days & staff should pick up the thread.

@Toppoboy wrote:

Forgot to add pictures...

received_1556775814747942.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225159027261

Unfortunately the box and cable should be replaced by VM, so it might be best to leave both the wall box and cable to them.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Toppoboy,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just so we can get this sorted I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain