cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pre install

luboss
Tuning in

I notified Virgin on the 1st of September i was moving home on the 1st of October and wanted to take my services and that I knew some work would have to be done to connect the new property and I would like someone to call me regarding this. I aslo advised i would have acces to the property at any given time from then until my moving date. Nobody phoned. After a couple of weeks and phone calls I was told an engineer had been to the property and determined what needed to be done and this would all be Ok for my moving date on the 1st of October.

Moving day arrived on Saturday, an engineer called around 10am to see if the work had been to to run the cable, advised them it hadn't. He then arrived at the property at 4pm, still no work carried out. After many phone calls and hours on the phone I was assured this would be arranged for Monday the 3rd and it was set as a reminder to call me this morning to ensure it was done. They also booked a new install date for the 20th!!! but i was told once the ground work was done they could arrange this for earlier. Monday and now Tuesday have come and gone, no work, no contact. I spent over 2 hours on the phone today, passed from department to department and back again. Nobody has any idea when the work will be done or even if it all. At my wits end, wife normally works from home and have had not internet, tv or phone for 4 days now. Please can someone offer advice? Obvious thing to do would be cancel completely and get an alternate provider but affordability is the issue on that front

10 REPLIES 10

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @luboss,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your service installation. Any pre-install work can be carried out up until 24 hours before your current install date.

I have looked into this and can see that you have a complaint raised and that the complaint has been escalated to management level. I will ask the manager that this has been assigned to to get in touch with you with an update on the issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply but "Any pre-install work can be carried out up until 24 hours before your current install date" doesnt mean much to me as they had a month and this wasnt done. The new install date was only booked for the 20th due to being the only date available, was assured the external work would be done on the 3rd and that install date could be arranged for sooner once it was. Nobody can tell me when or what work may or may not be carried out. On the phone yesterday i was told it was booked for then, on the online chat i was told it was booked for today. This looks like mass continual failing for lots of customers. I find it atrocious nobody has called me, emailed me or event text regards any update especially after a complaint was logged. It is me making al the calls because Im left in the dark expected jst to wait and see what happens, if anything. All the while my wife cannot work from home and my children can't access their online education.

When giving a months notice someone may have said we cannot tell when the work will be carried out to connect you, then i could have made plans for an interim internet provider. But all I've been fed is lies, told it will be in order for the 1st, then it was the 3rd, now today (not happened). Now i have to look at a permanent change of supplier as it cannot be gauranteed wether it will be next week, next month or next year I will be up an running.

Thanks for coming back to us luboss,

We are sorry that you have not been given an exact date when the works will be carried out and your install will take place.

We can certainly understand the frustration and inconvenience of this delay and un-certainty it is causing you. 

Remotely looking from our end, we can see that you already have a complaint raised regarding this matter, and our team will be in contact with you to discuss this matter further as soon as possible.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Unlikely. I was told on the phone the complaint was raised to management level then marked as closed, without anyone contacting me! Seems nobody but nobody wants to deal with it

@luboss wrote:

Unlikely. I was told on the phone the complaint was raised to management level then marked as closed, without anyone contacting me! Seems nobody but nobody wants to deal with it

'Raised to management level'? Honestly what does that even mean? Whose manager, the office cleaner's, the car park attendant's? It actually means nothing at all does it, it was just something made up on the spot to get you off the phone? Worked though for a while didn't it?

OK, firstly, are you still within a minimum 18 month contract period? Can you just give notice and walk away now? 

I am in the early months of a contract but they are unable to currently service here so I can walk away. Its a hassle as i have Volt benefits and obviously Virgin gig fibre is infinitely better than Sky 76mb broadband but left with no choice. Sucks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If cancelling because of delays in VM's installation processes, then the property may be marked as serviceable according to VM's systems.  If that's the case then irrespective of the delay, it is highly likely VM will not be agreeing to you cancelling without penalty, and you'll need to go fast and heavy by taking the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator as soon as the rules permit.  Key rules here are that VM must have responded to the complaint with a "resolution" that you've rejected and asked for a deadlock letter, alternatively eight long weeks must have elapsed since you registered the complaint.

If VM have accepted the house move, then you're entitled to about eight quid a day for loss of service under the automatic compensation scheme until either they connect you, or you and they agree the contract is cancelled.  You could also reasonably ask for additional compensation of say £150 for the failure to deal with the house move.  Don't expect VM to offer this, you'll almost certainly have to engage CISAS.  

Thanks for coming back to the thread @luboss, and I'm sorry to hear of the poor experience.

Can you please confirm if you are still seeking to connect to our services, or if you have now cancelled the pending installation with Virgin Media?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Cancelled. Another lost customer. Along with many others by all accounts