cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to hub 3.0

CMorley
Tuning in

Apologies if I've picked the wrong board. I unplugged my hub 3.0 to change my room around, when I plugged it back in I am getting no power to the unit. No lights showing. I managed to get hold of a new power adapter but it still won't turn on. I'm now going to be in Tier 4 with no access to the internet help!!

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Silly questions... if you plug another appliance into the socket does that work ok ? Also have you checked that the small on/off rocker switch on the back of the Hub hasn't been just knocked to "off"?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

Yes I've tried other items in the socket and they work fine. I've tried the hub in other sockets and still no power, I've checked all connections and the switch at the back. If i need to could I buy a router from elsewhere until I can get a response from virgin or does it have to be a virgin media hub?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No, it has to come from Virgin.  Don't be tempted to buy a secondhand one from eBay - it won't work.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, will just have to hope I get a response soon. I've text them so hopefully I get somewhere soon.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If not call in at 08.00 - you should get through quickly at that time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks all.

Engineer visit is booked for Wednesday. Think it could have been sorted with a new hub but I can't speak to anyone to request one yet

Z92
Trouble shooter

When this happens, you can normally fix the fault by disconnecting the hub from the mains socket for several minutes and then plugging back in (which the hub switched off) and switching on. There is a cut out device in the mains power lead that will reset once it has been left unplugged for a while. It's rare for the fuse in the plug to fail but it can happen. 

However, I'm more concerned about the replacement power supply you found, was it provided by Virgin for the same hub as you had? If not, this may have damaged the hub permanently. 

Hi, the hub has been unplugged moved to a different spot, replugged in then unplugged again. I ordered the power source from Amazon. I checked all the information on the original power source and made sure I didn't get one with the wrong voltage etc

Thanks all for your help, engineer came on Wednesday night and the hub was dead so he gave me a new hub. Now I just have to find something to get the signal upstairs as my old tp link isn't doing the job since I moved the hub to the other side of the room