Menu
VickyVix82
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No mobile signal

Received my new sim today. Popped into my unlocked phone and no signal. I've tried changing the settings on my phone (which I shouldn't have to do with today's technology nor do I want to stand outside to make a call) and no change

I checked the coverage checker before taking out the sim plan which said coverage was "EXCELLENT" - its actually non existent. Not 1 bar of signal. 

How do I cancel this SIM? Do I really need to speak to someone in India who I cannot understand? 

Help!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile signal

VM uses the EE network - so do you (or a friend) have a phone with an EE SIM in it and if so does it connect ok in your location.
If it does then coverage is EXCELLENT and something in your phone settings needs to be changed (or its a faulty SIM). Is it perhaps not yet activated waiting for an old number to port across perhaps?
Always worth calling in to see if they can help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also see whether your phone gets a signal anywhere else... or if it's just in this one location.

Can I also check, did you use the Virgin Mobile coverage checker (https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/coverage-checker.html) as opposed to the EE one? There are some differences between the two providers, but VM's checker takes account of this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello VickyVix82,

Welcome to our community and sorry you're having some mobile issues 

Are you still experiencing this coverage issue? If so, have you tried the suggestions above?

Please let us know so we can go through further checks for you.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos