cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline number

falcon2
On our wavelength

Managed to get Bigger Bundle plus Sports installed today, daft mistakes by me hindered the process but TV and Internet seem pretty good.

However, when I tried to install the landline, there was no dialling tone. I rechecked the VM video and the TV 360 Box connection was via Wifi, I used an ethernet cable ( I'm sure I read somewhere that that was the best method). Anyway, my question is, why isn't the phone working? Furthermore, i haven't received a new number from Virgin. I'm pretty sure I said that I didn't want to keep my talkTalk one.

A separate problem concerns using the remote. Everything works fine until I turn the set off. I then get a screen message saying " no video available" and have to use the old TV remote to get rid of that and complete the turning off. The VM remote works ok to turn it back on.

I have quite an old Bush TV ( a Smart one I think as it has built in apps). There's always been problems with the remote.I've had to use 2 separate remote for the 4 years I was with TalkTalk. Their engineer said that it wasn't possible to get a code for the TV to allow it to do all functions. I just persevered with the two.

Fina, final question. I'm thinking of getting a Samsung TV, how straightforward is it to set that up given the issues I'm outlining.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @falcon2,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I can see that you have been in the very capable hands of @Akua_A, who has been able to get your landline issues resolved on another thread,

Regarding your question about the model of TV some models of TV haven't been added to our list of devices that can work with the Virgin Media remote.

I have a Samsung TV and that works with the first code on the list, I dont think we have heard of any customers with Samsung TV and we have the onscreen help guides that will be able to talk you through the process of setting this up and you should be able to get the remote working in a few minutes.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All samsungs use the same code, it's almost guaranteed it will work from one remote 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @falcon2,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I can see that you have been in the very capable hands of @Akua_A, who has been able to get your landline issues resolved on another thread,

Regarding your question about the model of TV some models of TV haven't been added to our list of devices that can work with the Virgin Media remote.

I have a Samsung TV and that works with the first code on the list, I dont think we have heard of any customers with Samsung TV and we have the onscreen help guides that will be able to talk you through the process of setting this up and you should be able to get the remote working in a few minutes.

Regards,

Steven_L

falcon2
On our wavelength
Thanks for that Steve. Strangely, the TV ( a Bush ) has now started working with the Virgin remote. Coincidentally, the phone also started to work and I was able to cancel the engineer's visit. Inexplicable!

Glad to hear all sorted falcon2

Keep us posted if you need further assistance. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill