Menu
Es2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No internet

I received the quicktart kit yesterday 06/02 and plugged everything in correctly, according to the guide. All connections are secure. This is a Hub 3.

I called last night as no Internet (green WiFi symbol, flashing green base light) but can connect to the hub. Customer service confirmed internet would be activated from 00:00, 07/02 however this has not worked. I have reset the router, turned on and off, checked connections. Still nothing. 

Have just been on the phone for 40 minutes and have been hung up on by the quick start team. Can someone please help?

I assume I need an engineer.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Sound like the Hub "activation" has not come through yet. Are you calling the activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

If they are saying they sent the "signal" and it still doesn't work - there may actually be a fault on you network connection somewhere. VM never seem to check that its all ok before they send out the quickstart pack.

First try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 and see if anything is "known".

If nothing shows on there you will need a Tech to sort it all out. Try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others). If they do say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number - the UK call centre is still picking up and as with the activation line - calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos