cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet service again - no engineer visit - stressed and want to cancel

MartiF
Tuning in

Can somebody please help me urgently as I am completely stressed out with my internet service. From Friday afternoon I've had no broadband and called and was told an engineer was coming this morning. I called just now and was told the appointment has been cancelled and moved to 22 July. Nobody told me this and I have been waiting at home all morning. I have been without internet for 3 days now. I had to go to the office yesterday in the boiling heat because of this, and now I have to go in again right now. If I had known the appointment was cancelled I would have gone in when I was supposed to start work.

I am completely fed up with the service and want to cancel immediately. I had issues last year where I had no broadband for weeks. This keeps happening and I can't take the stress of it any more.

I want my compensation for no service for 3 days (and counting) and the missed engineer appointment. I want to cancel my contract and direct debit because this is completely unnacceptable.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They cancel appointments if there is a known fault? Have you checked that first?

Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes there are no known faults. This is an ongoing issue that doesn't seem to have any permanent solution.

I am being given compensation for 3 days of no service and on Friday have to call again for the other 3 days that I will have no service. Apparently I'm not eligible for the compensation of the engineer not turning up however I will be contesting this as I had no notice that the appointment was cancelled.

As soon as I'm credited with everything I will be cancelling my contract because this is ridiculous.

I feel for you I had a fault I had you waitc11 days for engineer visit

Regarding virgin they soon charge you if you miss engineer visit but when virgin don't turn up it doesn't count they owe you £ for canceled appointment 

Hi MartiF, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your broadband recently. I can see since posting you spoke with a manager regarding the complaint and you accepted their resolution. 

I've checked things this side and all is looking ok currently. The Hub is online, power and signal levels are optimal and there are no faults affecting you. 

How are things looking for you now? Come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs