cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet between 18:15 and 08:14. Unable to log issue, support useless

Angrycustomer78
On our wavelength

Lost internet on all devices.  Service indicator light remained pink, restarted hub (used as modem) and router multiple occasions.  Service checker found no issue and didn't let me raise a call.  So VM are simply ignoring technical problems but not allowing me to log them?  I didn't think their service could get any worse than it was summer 2020 (which I successfully took to the arbitration service and had my claim supported) but it is.  The person I spoke with this morning knew absolutely nothing and just went through his script, whilst denying there was a script.  As soon as I get good 5g coverage in my area, I am leaving VM.  They're abusing their position.

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Angrycustomer78 

Have you tried the automated Service Status number  on 0800 561 0061?  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No, I haven't. 

The connection issue is resolved,  it's the fact that they wouldn't let me raise a support call that's the problem. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… probably because there was a local issue, not big enough to go on Service Status. Phoning that number would have advised of the situation with no need for you to log a call as it was already being actioned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

????? We had no Internet,  no possibility to log an issue and vm couldn't detect an issue.  I don't understand your reply. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you ring the local service status line as advised by @newapollo ?

There are two levels of status, dependent on the scope of the issue.

Only extensive outages reach the online Service Status. Smaller, more local outages are advised on the phone line detailed above.

The fact that you were unable to book a call almost certainly means your problem was already known about. A service call never gets booked if there is an outstanding issue affecting your area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I didn't need to book a visit.  Simply log an issue.  Where do they put that number on the website?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry but why did you want to ‘log an issue’ if not to get someone to come and fix your problem?

That assumes the issue is local to my house. The fact the indicator on the hub remained pink suggested that the issue was the connection between VM and the rest of the Internet might be.

Hi @Angrycustomer78,

I am really sorry to hear that you had an issue with your services recently, but I am glad to hear that they've now been resolved.

If you face any problems with your service going forward, please reach out if you need us and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!