Menu
tingchiu
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No internet almost 2 weeks

I've had no internet for almost 2 weeks. I've called up customers services and each time I've been told it'll be fixed 'by noon the next day'. It seems like its something they just say with no action unfortunately and its getting frustrating that I now know what they're going to say and know its just an empty phrase. They haven't even mentioned sending out an engineer to have a look at the connections at my address. I feel like I'm stuck and Virgin are not doing anything about it. 

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet almost 2 weeks

That's entirely unacceptable. Call CS again and go through the options to 'Thinking of us'. You should get to someone who can find out what is going on. 

tingchiu
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - As an update I gave them another call. I was told they were going to arrange a call back so I could speak to a senior engineer within 30 minutes to sort the problem.  I didn't hear back 4 Hours later and so I gave them another call which they then told me they decided to cancel this call without telling me. I asked to speak to a manager which they said they would call me back on the same day. No surprise that didn't happen either.

I guess I'll try again another time. If anyone is reading this - I wouldn't advise joining Virgin. I've never had such bad service like this before.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi tingchiu, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the problems you've had with the service for so long, I can certainly understand your frustration with this situation so would like to help get things sorted.

I've been able to locate your account & can confirm there is currently an issue in the area that we currently estimate will be resolved by 02/05/19. If you continue to experience problems with the service beyond that point please don't hesitate to let us know so we can investigate further, apologies for any inconvenience caused by this in the meantime.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
tingchiu
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Tom,

I'm grateful for the update. Could I check - my internet went down on the 16/4/19 and I think I enrolled on the automatic compensation scheme online for complete internet loss on either the 17th or 18th April. Would you be able to double check this on your records and confirm that I will be compensated by this scheme until the date it is fixed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It would depend on the type of outage you are experiencing as not all are covered by the auto-compensation scheme. More information about this can be found here

If you have signed up online for this, any compensation for the outage will automatically be applied to your account.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
tingchiu
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just as an update. I had lodged a complaint in the end - which the complaints team never actually got back to me (they send a message saying they would contact me within 2 days and never happened). I did speak to a helpful person on the phone who did organise an engineer who came round and fixed my problem with the wiring external to the house. 

After registering for the automatic compensation scheme which the internet was fixed on day 19 of total loss of internet loss - it was not applied automatically to the bill. I called up and they advised they would do a manual adjustment of £13. I advised its meant to be £8 per day as per their protocol and they advised there were not sure why it was not applied - even the chap I spoke to said he said it should have been applied. I asked to speak to a manager and they fobbed me off saying they would just say the same. They then put me through to the faults team which they then advised they could not help me and said they could not transfer me back to discuss with the person I spoke to before. 

I was wondering if the virgin media team on this board could advise any further as I am getting no where with the automatic compensation scheme.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi tingchiu,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Do you have the complaint reference number?

^Martin

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

When am I eligible for Virgin Media’s automatic compensation scheme?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
tingchiu
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I don't have a complaint reference number. When I lodged the initial complaint for not having internet for the 2-3 weeks they never got back to me (aside from sending a text saying they would call though there was no reference number and they never called in the end). Since then I have raised another complaint on 20/5/19 since I had not heard back from the first one though the second one is in regard to getting no where the compensation scheme despite contacting the team on phone. They have also not got back to me on this either.

Can you look into this any other way without the reference number/look into my account? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos