cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internal wall socket

H1w
Joining in

Hi all,

I have moved into a new house and got VM to deliver broadband as they said I could use quick start because someone had had VM at the house before me.

I got in and there's no internal wall socket, but on the outside of the house is the brown external box. I can't see where, if at all, a wire goes into the house. I think I need an engineer out but I can't for the life of me find where to book one, and I've been on hold for hours!

• Any help would be appreciated! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

yep you need a tech - that looks like Sky have done their usual and cut the VM coax - nothing you can do - ring them or wait here for VM to book something - will flag the thread

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

are there any wire coming out of the brown box - there should be one entering it grom the ground - thats the connection to the cabinet - follow any others - if there are non they may have drilled the wall to pass the entry cable behind the brown box - worth removing the cover and seeing whats inside

post some photos

Tony.
Sacked VIP

20201213_114650.jpg

20201213_114628.jpg

 I took the cover off and it looks like the wires have been cut, presumably by another service provider! I've had the double wire that goes in there plugged into the box and it doesn't work at all. I guess I need an engineer?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

yep you need a tech - that looks like Sky have done their usual and cut the VM coax - nothing you can do - ring them or wait here for VM to book something - will flag the thread

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi H1w

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

It does need a tech so will PM you now to advise of the time an date

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @H1w

PM sent with the date an time of the visit.

Let me know how the visit goes 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have gone to set up my new virgin equipment today and there is no internal wall socket. Just two black wires coming in were I think a wall socket might have been in the past

21D5B1AC-E41C-4D2B-866F-6A994AFC6518.jpeg

We have previously been on sky but the previous people to us were on virgin. Can anyone help? 

I have exactly the same issue - two black wires coming out of the wall and no socket 😞

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

2 black wires if they are the same size suggest sky - they [sky] are past masters at removing the VM cable and using the hole for their wires

that sad VM techs do the same with sky wires

Tony.
Sacked VIP