cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No faith in repull dates

Waterflaps
Tuning in

Anyone else having issues with Virgin failing to meet repull dates? They've failed me so far on 4 different occasions, with an automated message informing me of the reschedule date at the end of the day.

I've contacted virgin daily, and been given the same insincere apology, and scripted reply from the staff who frankly should be ashamed of the service (or lack thereof) - I've had promises of callbacks not fulfilled, with staff unable to explain delays.

Anyone else having similar issues right now? I'm aware it's been a problem during covid times, but surely they can't still be using this as an excuse. I'm on the verge of cancelling at this stage, and Virgin have been nothing but disappointing. 

16 REPLIES 16

Waterflaps
Tuning in

Development:

Construction permit obtained between 9th - 14th June 2022.

New issue - Virgin are now attempting to bill me for services I'm not receiving - if its not one thing, its the next. VM strikes again - Can anyone advise, because from the forum posts I've read, I should not be billed until I have a fully established service. 

Hi @Waterflaps,

Thank you for your post with an update. I'm glad to hear there's been some progress with the construction works required.

In regards to billing, it's correct that you shouldn't be charged for any services until they are installed and activated. If there's any disputed charges following the completion of installation, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Waterflaps
Tuning in

Update - Construction permit is due to end today (Misstated 14th on previous update) And the work has not been completed - I've contacted virgin today, and the call handler has stated it is likely to take 6-8 weeks now, despite me being told one week by the team who attended - I'm going to fall back tomorrow, confirm this is correct, and see if anything else can be done (Running a temporary line off a neighbours box etc), failing this, I'll be cancelling. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Waterflaps,

Thanks for the update.

Please do let us know how it goes.

If we can do anymore, we will.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Waterflaps
Tuning in

I've had an engineer out today after requesting they take a temporary line from my neighbour - They came out, informed me this wasn't possible as we are both on larger packages and this would make it poor - Engineer couldn't be more helpful - Slaved away getting my omnibox set up after the internals were removed previously.

He then spotted a tee with cable I could connect to outside the property (I made mention of this on numerous occasions to VM, but was told it was a no go - And he has installed a temporary wire from this tee to my home, giving me a connection - I don't know how this couldn't be done sooner by the previous technician, but Matthew (Tech 39373) is an absolute asset to VM, and obviously takes pride in actually doing the job, rather than just leaving it to pass.

Wish me luck now though trying to claim the compensation 👀

@Waterflaps  Wish me luck now though trying to claim the compensation

It's a bit slow and bureaucratic, but there's no luck involved.  VM should automatically credit your account with the relevant compo on the first bill after installation.  Sometimes that works perfectly well, sometimes it seems a bit of a lottery (and I suppose that element is luck), but hopefully they'll pony up the right amount.  If you don't get what you're entitled to, then you raise a formal complaint with VM.  Now, VM must sort out some complaints well, but we rarely hear about those, so I'd not expect much from a formal complaint.  If the formal complaint results in the infamous Virgin Media Fob-Off, then you'll get a "resolution" letter that's cobblers.  In that case you reply to the resolution letter, rejecting the resolution and asking for a deadlock letter.  With the deadlock letter you escalate the matter to CISAS, and add in a request for additional compensation for refusal to honour the Ofcom guidelines on compensation, and for the poor complaint handling.

Hi Waterflaps

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall send you a PM now to discuss the complaint further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill