cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ethernet wall socket

JamesLL
Joining in

Hi,

Received the kit and was excited to set up until I realised you need an ethernet wall socket. I assumed the kit plugged into the phone socket like my other broadband provider (Sky). My mistake, but it would have been helpful if this was clearly outlined at the puchasing stage - something along the lines of "please note, you will need an ethernet wall socket".

Where do I go from here? Do engineers install a socket as part of the service or do I cancel the package and return to my old provider?

Tower block flat, by the way, so not sure what happens with that.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a coax F socket for VM not Ethernet. You would not have been sent a self install unless the property previously had a VM connection. Look for a box on the outside of your home and see if you can trace where the coax goes. If you have no luck you will need a technician’s install. In that case call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a coax F socket for VM not Ethernet. You would not have been sent a self install unless the property previously had a VM connection. Look for a box on the outside of your home and see if you can trace where the coax goes. If you have no luck you will need a technician’s install. In that case call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for your reply, Tudor.

I live on the ninth floor of a tower block so I doubt I will be able to find a box or see where the coax goes. I'll call the number you have provided tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Often in these type of home the coax just comes out of the wall and is loose. 

Tudor

Hi JamesLL thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry that you've still not got a working service, due to having no socket.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf. To enable me to do so,  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R