cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No construction team

Dashedchris
Tuning in

I am a  new customer and requested new cable installation including outside external work to be completed..

The outside construction team have missed 5 appointments to complete the external work. When a internal engineer turned up he cannot complete the work because the external work has not been completed..

This is beyond a joke I have been waiting since October all I get it is I am sorry this has happened to you or I get cut off when I try to explain what is going on..

I get passed from one person to another who cannot help ..I then get transferred to pre installation team who tell me not to worry the construction team are on the way so I wait in for them and yes you guessed it they never show up.

I feel like I have been constantly lied too and misled by people who do know know what they are doing ..

I am told they can't contact the construction team because they are a 3rd party company..

Why are they using them  or even paying them when they never completed the work that is required of them 

I have never experienced such a dreadful service in my life I am at my wit's end I don't know what to do ..I have submitted a formal complaint but even this has Fallon deaf ears ...what is one to do when a contracted company do not get their act together and complete the requirements for their services 

Shocking behaviour from this company especially as I am a new customer..  

22 REPLIES 22

@Dashedchris wrote:

I think the 3rd party company they use should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves they never show up to do their scheduled work they just let it roll over and over they have missed 6 appointments..so you can imagine I am at my wit's end ...

Virginmedia employ several different contractors to do the outside work, and the complaints of delays seem to be pretty general.  It is Virginmedia that should properly be ashamed, for employing contractors in such a slapdash disorganised manner and with no feedback to the customer.

This manner of working is the way their management has chosen, and it must be saving them some money or they wouldn't continue with it. But it displays a contempt for customers like yourself who are being severely inconvenienced. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

helloSSS
On our wavelength
Hi DashedChris, wanna check whether your installation is completed? I would like to estimate how long I need to wait for my case. thanks

No I am still waiting unfortunately I pre pull team came out but they were unable to complete the external works because there is no access point anywhere in my street so now I have to wait again for additional external work to be completed before the pre pull team can complete the work that is required..

I have lost all faith in Virgin Media and I have no idea when or if the work will ever be completed..it's now 4 months by next month it will be 5 months this is totally uneceptable..

Hope you have better luck ...

Sorry to hear that so many people are going through the same issues. I am still waiting for installation myself and I’m fed up of calling and getting the same answer. Can I ask how you made your formal complaint?
Mount of the blue they have changed my install date from 11th feb to 21st March. And I’m sure it will be delayed further.

Originally I put a formal complaint in with virgin but now it's handled by someone else if you look on there site it should give you all of the information that you need ...I am still waiting too the pre pull team did come out but there is still no access point so they could not complete the work required..I need further external work done before they can try again I have no idea how long that is going to take ...I hope you manage to get yours sorted out soon 

Thanks but I have little to no hope. I just hope I step out 1 day and the pre install work is done, at least il be a little closer to installation.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Complaints https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

Compensation https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Compensation https://ofcom.cmail19.com/t/i-l-ckhdkud-wklhinik-m/

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Dashedchris

I am sorry to hear this has been delayed further for you.

I would be happy to send you an update via Private message.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Vikki, could you look into my installation aswel please.

Hi @Yahya2021

I can see my colleague has sent you a private message.

Please reply to them directly and they can assist further for you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide