cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No construction team

Dashedchris
Tuning in

I am a  new customer and requested new cable installation including outside external work to be completed..

The outside construction team have missed 5 appointments to complete the external work. When a internal engineer turned up he cannot complete the work because the external work has not been completed..

This is beyond a joke I have been waiting since October all I get it is I am sorry this has happened to you or I get cut off when I try to explain what is going on..

I get passed from one person to another who cannot help ..I then get transferred to pre installation team who tell me not to worry the construction team are on the way so I wait in for them and yes you guessed it they never show up.

I feel like I have been constantly lied too and misled by people who do know know what they are doing ..

I am told they can't contact the construction team because they are a 3rd party company..

Why are they using them  or even paying them when they never completed the work that is required of them 

I have never experienced such a dreadful service in my life I am at my wit's end I don't know what to do ..I have submitted a formal complaint but even this has Fallon deaf ears ...what is one to do when a contracted company do not get their act together and complete the requirements for their services 

Shocking behaviour from this company especially as I am a new customer..  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Portery
Fibre optic

Sadly the team they need to contact don’t have direct access a mod will check this out for and send you a private message to send your details to the team that would deal with it .  Constructions issues can be a number of things that is delaying your issue.  If you services are not active you should be serviced by preinstall team  if you are active a cs agent should help you to resolve this as quickly as possible.  
would wait for a mod I’ve noticed they help a lot of customers and with this issue 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Dashedchris
Tuning in

I have been waiting since October for the construction team to complete the outside work to my property this team have now missed 5 appointments..all they have done is mark the pavement outside so they know where to pull the cable ..virgin media keep sending an inside engineer but he cant complete the work because the outside work has still not been completed.

This is the worst company ever and their external construction team never show up when they are supposed to.. 9 weeks without internet is a joke as I have to work from home I am also disabled. This team cannot get their act together I am seriously thinking about going back to my old internet company...

I have now put in a formal complaint in writing..

I feel that I have been lied to and misled because everytime I call I am told not to worry the engineers are on the way ..ye right they never show up

.Discusting behaviour from this company

This is a common problem. Make sure that you keep records of all communications from Virgin, as you will be entitled to compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Portery
Fibre optic

Sadly the team they need to contact don’t have direct access a mod will check this out for and send you a private message to send your details to the team that would deal with it .  Constructions issues can be a number of things that is delaying your issue.  If you services are not active you should be serviced by preinstall team  if you are active a cs agent should help you to resolve this as quickly as possible.  
would wait for a mod I’ve noticed they help a lot of customers and with this issue 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dashedchris

We're sorry to hear of the delays to your installation due to the construction work required outside of your property. We understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team earlier to request n update on this, we can see that a colleague has also chased this up for you. What did they advise during the call?

Rob

I was advised to contact the team dealing with my formal complaint I am not holding my breath.

Everytime I have spoken to someone they either hang up on me or transfer me to someone else who can't help I feel like I have been passed around like a lost puppy ...no one seems to know what to do ..the most irritating thing about this is virgin Media keep sending out an internal engineer out to my property when they know full well he won't be able to do anything because the external works still haven't been completed this is a complete waste of your time and mine...

Someone needs to be responsible here and actually deal with this problem instead of passing me around like a lost puppy because they don't know what to do.

Someone from your department said it's probably not down to lying or misleading it's down to training ..Do they teach people to lie to their customers...? However all I have heard so far are lies they keep saying the external engineer is on his way today, but he or they never show up 

I am left with no internet and no access to work as I am disabled because I need the internet 

@Dashedchris wrote:

I was advised to contact the team dealing with my formal complaint I am not holding my breath.

Which is wise, you won’t get any meaningful answer, or possibly any answer at all!

Everytime I have spoken to someone they either hang up on me or transfer me to someone else who can't help I feel like I have been passed around like a lost puppy ...no one seems to know what to do ..the most irritating thing about this is virgin Media keep sending out an internal engineer out to my property when they know full well he won't be able to do anything because the external works still haven't been completed this is a complete waste of your time and mine...

Not abnormal behaviour by customer services, if you believe the many, many posts on here recounting a similar experience.

Someone needs to be responsible here and actually deal with this problem instead of passing me around like a lost puppy because they don't know what to do.

Good idea, but alas not the way that VM’s senior management have decided that the organisation should be run. Sorry about that.

Someone from your department said it's probably not down to lying or misleading it's down to training ..Do they teach people to lie to their customers...? However all I have heard so far are lies they keep saying the external engineer is on his way today, but he or they never show up 

Do they actively teach their staff to lie to customers? Well! Probably not, well not if there is any sort of paper trail to prove it!

This business of the customer services staff simply telling unsuspecting punters that a team will be there today is widely reported and quite common and it is simply because that it what it says in the screen in front of them. The problem is that VM literally don’t know what is happening, this work is all done by contractors and VM have no oversight or knowledge of what said contractors are doing or planning. The system says that it should be done today, and that is all they see. When it doesn’t happen, the system just rolls the date on by one day, so it will definitely happen tomorrow. In reality if the contractor has no staff because they’ve all decided to go sick to watch the football - VM don’t know that!

I am left with no internet and no access to work as I am disabled because I need the internet 

Unfortunately, they really don’t care, tough! OK let me qualify that, individual VM employees, especially the forum team, probably do care, the issue is with the way VM run their setup. Even if they earnestly want to, there simply is no way that anyone can cut through the procedures.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Remember to keep copies of all communications from Virgin about installation dates, as you will be entitled to compensation under OFCOM rules. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dashedchris, thanks for your posts and replies on this thread and sorry to hear of the experience you've had with your installation process so far.
We appreciate the frustration caused and wish to best help with this.

We'd love to assist in the best way possible, I will send you a private message here shortly so we can have a closer look.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dashedchris
Tuning in

I have been waiting for the pre pull team to complete their work since the beginning of October it's been more than 3 months now ..every time I call they say we are sorry for the inconvenience caused...I am disabled and have lots of other medical problems I really rely on the internet I have had nothing for over 3 months..

I am assured that the work will be completed but it's just rolls over everyday I have had 5 internal engineers show up to complete the work but they are unable to do anything because the external work hasn't been completed..

I think the 3rd party company they use should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves they never show up to do their scheduled work they just let it roll over and over they have missed 6 appointments..so you can imagine I am at my wit's end ...