cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection to printer

sol247
Joining in

Hello,

I have a new hub5 and it will not connect to my HP Envy 4507. Any help greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try setting the 2.4Ghz to a lower legacy setting

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes

Try splitting the SSID

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello sol247

Sorry to hear about the issue connecting the Printer to the Hub5 

Were you able to follow the advice given by @Adduxi 

If so have you been able to set the printer up?

Gareth_L

Hello Gareth_L,

I have tried the first part (setting to a lower legacy setting) and printer will still not connect. I have not tried the second part as my PC skills are that that good, but good enough to be able to connect to WIFI.

Richie Cunningham

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sol247 wrote:

<snip>   I have not tried the second part as my PC skills are that that good, but good enough to be able to connect to WIFI.

Richie Cunningham

If you did the first bit, you were in the right place to do the split.  However you need to do this using a cable connection, as once you change the SSID you will loose wifi connection.  So being cabled you can work without loosing connection and you can then connect the wifi devices to the new SSID's once finished.

If you are concerned with messing anything up, you can always do a factory reset as below;

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Also try disabling the 5Ghz wifi temporarily and then try the printer.  You can re-enable the 5Ghz when finished. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks