Menu
SudoPacman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No connection this morning

Hi,

So, I have no connection this morning.

Have been on the phone to support, turned it off and on again, and done a factory reset. Not much joy really, but then didn't really expect it. An engineer has been booked in for Wednesday, which means I have hassle with the missus and kids until then!

I have since set my router back to modem only mode, since I use pfSense, and can see on the modem's network status page that "access is denied". It occurs to me that a few days ago was my billing date. Could there have been a mixup with my account and you think I haven't paid?

I cannot check my virgin account since have been unable to create one since I signed up 3 months or so ago. See my recent posts for details of that. The IT team were looking into it. Hopefully that's not related to my outage!

Can someone please check my account to see if there are any problems?

Cheers,

Pacman

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection this morning

for potential billing issues you would need to call CS, as billing can't be dealt with here.

however "access denied" doesn't necessarily mean a billing issue. plenty of people report that "fault" which isn't linked to billing.
SudoPacman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah, okay.

Well, the money left my account so I think I should be fine account wise.

What other issues do people get then?

Cheers

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
SudoPacman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, cheers.

I see this in the network log:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

T3’s &T4’s are usually indicative of circuit problems, often noise ingress. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
SudoPacman
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Noticed when I got home after an afternoon out that it was all working again.

From the sounds of it lots of people were out in my area. Quite why this was not communicated, or spotted by the call centre I have no idea, but I guess the key thing is that it's working again.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Could well have been fixed by a technician, I do not think the call centre are very good at joining-up-the-dots.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos