Menu
Type105x
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No connection belfast BT12

Hi guys 

This is the third time this week the internet has been completely off on the street 

Who could I ask from VM to give me a report on why it's running into problems? as I will likely need to change internet provider if it keeps up as like alot of people I am working from home and the internet being down 2-16 hours at a time is a killer 

When I asked on live chat they have said we have had no issues in your area and disconnect the chat, I have the screen shots of each time it has happened on the site saying we know of an issue in your area, 

Just confused now 

Thanks 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection belfast BT12

The most useful and up to date info comes from the 0800 561 0061 number. Try that to see if there are any faults that the web service hasn't picked up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Type105x
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Capture.PNG

I would like to know the cause of the issue and why its 3 times in one week, Hardware? server? street issue? Just the worry now it comes back up for a few hours and is then off again for the whole night, 

and again when I call some of the CS say we can't see an issue 😕 disheartening really 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It could be any one of these issues!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'd be very surprised if VM tell you the cause of the issue, it could be an SNR issue which you could detect yourself by looking into your router logs, but if you are tied into a contract there's nothing you can do as VM never state guaranteed service or any kind of quality guarantee. If you require internet for working from home then its up to you to ensure you have a backup provider available should your primary go down.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Type105x,

Welcome to our community forums and thanks for posting.

Unfortunately some faults are more complex than originally anticipate and will take longer to fix than initially thought. We appreciate the disruption and frustration this causes.

We are not made aware of the exact causes of any area fault so we could not give you the information you are looking for, we are only made aware that there is an area fault and when it will be fixed.

How have things been since your last post? Have you had a stable connection over the weekend? 

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Type105x
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah all is working over the weekend, I just hope it can hold up for the week, Just knowing the issue would help myself understand why it would happen 3 times in a week

For now all is good again
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Type105x, 

Glad to hear that you've had a stable connection over the weekend. We understand that knowing what the issue is would help and we would love to advised you why the fault re-occurred, unfortunately this is not something we are told.

If you do experience any further issues please come back to us and at least we can check the fault for you.

Kind regards Jodi,