cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation of engineer visit

mpb39
Joining in

I've twice called Virgin to arrange an engineer visit on 18 April for installation of my new broadband. Both times I have been told it will happen, but I still have no email or text confirmation of the visit and it does not appear under my booked appointments in the app. Should I expect confirmation before the visit?

I also asked for the start of my billing to be delayed until 18 April when my previous provider's service will stop, but have been sent a bill starting from 5 April, when my equipment was delivered. Am I going to need to call again to correct it and check an engineer is actually coming? 

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your bill won't start until the date the connection is working (assuming any delays are due to Virgin Media). You will get notice of the engineer visit.

There are often delays to the initial installation, and for that reason you would be well advised to allow an overlap of your existing service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

mpb39
Joining in

Can anyone from Virgin contact me to tell me if an engineer is coming to do my installation? I still have no confirmation by text or in the app, six days out from when they are supposed to be coming. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mpb39, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Have you been able to contact the team since your post to get an update on this? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I have spoken to someone on the phone who tells me the appointment is booked for 18 April, however I'm still seeing no confirmation when signed in to the Virgin Media app or my online account. No one has been willing to tell me whether I should expect to see confirmation there, or why I haven't so far. It worries me because the appointment is on Easter Monday, so I would appreciate if someone could tell me whether I should be concerned that the appointment doesn't appear in my account. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If the team have confirmed the date as today then that would be the case - did they confirm what the time frame was for this? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.