Menu
morty1920
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No call back in 10 days

Hello,

I am interested in taking out Virgin Media's oomph bundle...coming to the end of my sky contract. However, I entered my details on the site 10 days after I couldn't find my address in the drop down menu but am still to get a call back.

Can someone please advise if I will be able to join Virgin Media? I know several others houses in the development have had Virgin installed in this estate but not sure if I will be able to purchase the service?

Thanks for your future assistance,

Morty192

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No call back in 10 days

Hi there

Let me assist you with this

I'll pop you a private message to take some details from you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
morty1920
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Christy-D sent you a private message there, last I heard a spotter was to be sent out to my address but that was last Friday and it has all gone quiet since then, can one of your team chase this up for me and let me know when the spotter is likely to arrive?

My contract with my current provider ends soon and I would like to know my option and have an install to avoid a drop in broadband services.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @morty1920,

Thanks for getting back to us! We really appreciate it

Our colleague will be able to get back to you now that you have sent a Private Message back to them.

They will be able to advise you further on this topic. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'd suggest you let the existing contract run over (usually on to a more expensive deal but with only thirty days notice?). 

Whilst most VM installations are without problems, there are regular reports of delays and problems for first time service installations by VM, even after a firm promise of an installation date.  I'd like to be more upbeat, but the evidence is clear that you should believe a VM connection will be installed and working only AFTER the event, and likewise you should expect that getting accurate information out of VM between the order being placed and the installation occurring is harder and more time consuming than solving Rubik's cube whilst blindfolded and wearing boxing gloves. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely agree with above. Install dates come and go with VM. Until the cables have been pulled through all the street ductwork and nailed to your wall, I would keep your existing ISP live. Also for the full 14 days cool off period as well in case you change your mind. Speed isn’t everything 😉 

morty1920
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Paulina_Z I still haven't heard anything from either the spotter, the guy wh had phoned me back about joining Virgin or @Christy_D, can you chase this up please?
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @morty1920

Thanks for popping back - when a spotter is booked, they will usually attend within around 14 days of the request. This is not booked in and you are usually not contacted directly; the spotter will check and assess the address and report back to the business to advise if the property is able to have our services or not. 

If it is, our systems will be updates to advise as such, if not, then a note may be added to advise non-serviceable. 

I will concur with our user messages above as this is not a quick process I'm afraid - if your property can be serviced, it may need additional work on the cabling which would be around 4-8 weeks to complete. 

I am sorry we can't offer you any more positive news or timescale at this time. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos