Menu
SSim
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No broadband

We’ve lost all broadband connection in our area for over a day now & the service status line is saying that it is still being fixed. I’ve signed up for the text updates, but had no updates what so ever. I called customer help just now who gave me a free phone number to call & said that team would be able to answer my questions about what is happening. On calling that number (0800 5610061) it was just the same automated message giving no additional information! Is there anyone else I can speak to who might have some answers?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband

As well as the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.
If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SSim
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have already called that number (as mentioned in my post) & it literally gives you no details about an estimate of when the problem will be fixed. It just says that engineers are trying to fix the issue. I’d like to get some answers about when it will be fixed!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oops, sorry didnt spot that.  In that case only a VM person has any chance of giving you any more info. Even then if the engineers have said "dunno mate - its a tricky one" they will only give an estimate that is always moveable.

They usually pick up these posts in a day or two.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SSim
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Fingers crossed someone will respond from VM. Just tricky when you’re left in limbo with no details.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SSim,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues; I understand fully the importance of staying connected.

From checking the area, there is an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio), and the fault number is F007375732. The start date was the 2nd of September, and the estimated fix date is tomorrow, the 9th of September

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos