cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband

sjmatchett
On our wavelength

Was offered an upgrade yesterday from 20b to 350mb.  Tok it and last night connection fine, bit still at 200mb speed.  Was told it should be instant as just an upgrade.

Rebooted hub this morning in case new setting needed a reboot for the upgrade and now got home from work to find no broadband.

Service status says no issues and I have to wait for my package to be set up.

Aggravating as I didn't know I would lose connection.

How long should I expect to wait?

4 REPLIES 4

sjmatchett
On our wavelength

Oops meant 200mb not 20!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Look in the Hub settings for the "Configuration data" page.

In there what numbers are in the Upstream and Downnstream "Max Data Transfer Rate" (or similar) boxes. These are in bps not Mbps. Sometimes the configuration file doesnt get updated - reboot the Hub and check again,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@sjmatchett actually you shouldn't lose connectivity at all, well OK maybe 10 minutes or so! What should happen is that VM update your account details and this triggers a 'push's a new configuration file to your hub to tell it to work at the new speed. The hub should reboot itself to enable the new speed hence the (short) downtime while it comes back up.

Now I hazard a guess that the customer services agent has messed something up and mis-configured your account. I'm afraid you will need to call them up and get it sorted out. Best bet is to do this at 8am tomorrow when you have a reasonable chance of getting through to a UK based call centre - especially if you select the 'thinking of leaving us' options.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sjmatchett, 

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry you have been having issues with this.

I have checked our systems and can see there is an issue and I will pop you over a PM.

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Zoie