Menu
Janglaschu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No broadband connection

I haven't been able to get my broadband connection at home since Monday afternoon (and I've tried all the rebooting etc). To access the help board I'm having to connect to the internet at work on my lunch break (I can't phone when I'm on duty during the day). I was recently told that my monthly charge will be going up,. and this is making me seriously think of changing supplier. Is there a way to leave details securely by email, rather than on a public forum?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband connection

You have the option to call virgin media

0 Kudos
Janglaschu
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From what I gather from a recent letter in the Guardian, that could take some time to sort out. I am unable to call when on duty. I just want to be able to leave details of the problem (preferably by email) and have it fixed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Or you can post up specific details of your problem on here, and people here might be able to help.
At least in due course a VM staff person would contact you with an offer of help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Janglaschu
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am unable to connect to the internet; the hub appears to be working, but lights stay at green; second light down is constantly flashing. I have tried rebooting, checking that all cables are secure etc. I've moved the hub as close as possible ( 3 feet) to the laptop with  no obstructions between. Clicking on the button at the bottom left of my screen says the network is secured bu 'Action needed' to connect; it doesn't say what action. I've clicked on Connect, and have setting at connect automatically when in range. Still not connecting.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you connect the laptop to the Hub with an ethernet cable?  This will establish whether it's a problem with the Virgin feed, or just a WiFi issue.

0 Kudos