cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband connection

Graham-t
Tuning in

We lost our broadband connection yesterday afternoon, have tried reset,switch router on/off etc,phoned up Virgin media and went through with them,no joy need to wait for 5 days for a technician to come out.However next door were getting Virgin broadband yesterday afternoon and it went off at exactly the same time as the guys were installing it,I actually went out to ask if they had knocked our connection off accidentally and they said no of course,separate wire connected at box in street they said,just wandered if something like this had happened to anyone else.Tried explaining this to the lass on the phone but as it wasn't part of her on screen procedure she just ignored me.

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Hero

Coincidence or fat fingers - that is the question

Plenty of both happen

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Graham-t
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of any broadband issues.

Please do log in to your online account - virg.in/myVM - occasionally there are earlier slots that come available due to cancellation. You'll be able to check this and hopefully there is one for you.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for letting me know John.

We shall see,I suspect fat fingers and looking for an early Saturday finish,they weren't interested when I went out and told them it had gone off and asked them if it could have been something they had done inadvertently 

Hi Graham-t,

We aren't usually made aware of the route cause to known issue, usually just the fault type and the estimated fix date, so it's likely the call agent wasn't aware if this was the case.

Do let us know how you get on with the visit and if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks 

Beth

Thanks for replying Beth.On the subject of call handlers,so I phoned the Virgin media helpline line at 5.57pm on the Saturday, the call handler said she was unable to do anything as their systems were down,however she would take my number and phone me back in an hour,I asked what time the helpline goes off and she told me 8pm.I waited til 7.15pm and having had no call from Virgin and decided to call back only to be told on the automated reply that the call lines went off at 6pm,so the lass that I had spoke to had lied to me and had no intention of phoning me back.So when I phoned back on Sunday morning to report the fault I also said I would like to make a complaint regarding this.After the call handler had went through trying to help me with my fault I said I would like to make my complaint,I was told I could start a complaint through the app,I said as I was already on the phone it would easier to make the complaint there and then,the call handler said she would put me on hold quickly and then proceed with my complaint.The line went dead!.Could not find anywhere on the app where I could make a complaint. 

Hi Graham-t,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear your experience when calling in regards to your fault, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have, I can see the fault has now been resolved, and total loss of service over 48 hours would be added Via our Auto Compensation.

Once a Complaint is raised a member of the team will aim to respond within 7 days however it can take up to 28 days, you can see more information around this in our Complaints Code of Practice.

Any open complaints are available to View Via your Online Account.

Regards

Paul.

Ok thanks for replying Paul,think I will.The loss of service as I suspected was down to the guys who were installing a new wire to our neighbour cutting us off,so if they had investigated it when we told them that we had lost our connection it all could of been avoided and secondly the call handler who I phoned on the Saturday tea time shouldn't of lied about phoning me back in an hour and the lines being open until 8pm on a Saturday, it should all be there if the calls are recorded if you don't believe me,thirdly the call handler could of taken my complaint there and then and not say she was putting me on hold when she was actually intending to cut me off,again if the calls are recorded you can hear for yourself, regards Graham 

Hi Graham-t, thanks for getting back to us.

If you wish us to look up the progress of your complaint, we'd be happy to do so.  In regards to access to calls, if you call our team on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from any Virgin Media UK phone service, after clearing account you can make a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and that would allow you to gain copies of the calls if we have them on record.  As not all calls are recorded.  Alternatively you can check here.   As we'd be unable to listen to the calls in question, on our team.

Regards

Lee_R