Menu
paully
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No broadband almost every day recently (Perth - area 10)

My broadband has been down about 5 out of the last 8 days.  I'm not just talking for a few minutes either, most days it has been for 5 or 6 hours.  Today it went down at about 3:00pm and it was around 8:30pm before it was up again.  My Facebook feed confirms that the issue is widespread in the area.

How long will this go on, and (with my contract ending on 20th October) am I too early to cancel my contract and switch to Sky?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband almost every day recently (Perth - area 10)

As well as the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number.

Then, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
paully
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband almost every day recently (Perth - area 10)

Thanks for the advice. These outages have been appearing on the Service Status page, so the problem is definitely with the network rather than my setup.

Useful info on the BQM - I will get this set up. Thanks

0 Kudos