Menu
casanova80
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No broadband all evening

The connection dropped about 9pm on Friday evening and the symptoms are quite similar to others description nationwide. The SMS tracking is not providing anything useful as first it suggested that it's been fixed , later said an engineer is on its way, now it's saying will be fixed tmrw. First time ever  the phone support cannot see the details of the so called fault, that's interesting too

Since you only compensate weekday loss of service I'm thinking  if I don't have internet for the whole weekend I will have to swallow it , that's very genius of you, not nice at all

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband all evening

No it is not fair but AFAICS Ofcom set the rule excluding weekends; read more here, Automatic compensation: What you need to know. Hope the issue gets resolved soon.

0 Kudos
casanova80
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm checking the admin panel and it says "network access: blocked", "internet: access denied", Lost MDD etc

Just like in this example, and many more. For an interesting reason it almost always starts on Fridays, this particular issue:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Blocked-from-DOCSIS-3-network-since-Friday-...

Can virgin tell us what is happening, my mate has internet and he lives down the street. Faults doesnt usually end up with "blocked network" messages. News to me

0 Kudos
casanova80
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi casanova80,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

How has the service been since your post?

^Martin

0 Kudos
casanova80
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, rebooted, reset, tried diff AC sockets, moved router.. nothing works... 

Internet: access denied

Network access: blocked

Base green light is flashing.

It's like I'm really getting blocked by the ISP, feels like it so far. I've read quite a bit, majority of the people experienced the same starting on Fridays between 6-8 pm and onwards.. I cannot make a sense of it. How come support cannot tell us anything about the fault if there's one, it feels more like a subscription, registration sort of issue. Feels like it's done for a reason, I'd like to know what.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have our technical team confirmed there is a fault? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
casanova80
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They confirm what service status page suggests, a fault in the area but no details given at all. I've friends on my street they are all connected. Last night the system said the issues been "identified" and will be fixed soon, later it said it's been fixed but it wasn't  and the final update says it's going to be fixed before 16:00 today.

So if there's an issue "identified" how come Virgin tech support cannot see the details of it?

Here's another match.. Friday again, at the same time, same symptoms different areas:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Blocked-from-DOCSIS-3-network-since-Friday-...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Details concerning area faults are held by the engineers who would work to resolve the fault. 

^Martin

0 Kudos