cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband after home move

Georgegeorge
Joining in

Hi all, 

As the title suggests, I am having no luck with my broadband since I moved addresses.

Some background- I arranged for a home move via the virgin chat. It has been established that virgin already existed in the new property, so all I needed to do was to move my equipment to the new address and it would be connected the very next day.

This has not happened. Not only that, I got an email stating that an engineer visit was scheduled (nobody showed up) and that I have a yodel package incoming (this is supposedly arriving today).

I was also given new account details,  but I cannot use them to setup as my email address is currently registered with my regular account which now shows as "disconnected - no longer with virgin media".

None of this was mentioned during the home move chat. This is turning out to be exceptionally frustrating, especially since there is no guidance (that I can find) on how to get this fixed. No phone call options and chat got me in this mess in the first place. 

All in all, fairly poor service. Anyone has any ideas regarding this issue?

Regards,

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Might be worth trying these

1) Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and see if all the details are correct

Then..

2) Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number - and see if they can connect you

or a VM person will respond on here but can take a few days

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Might be worth trying these

1) Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and see if all the details are correct

Then..

2) Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number - and see if they can connect you

or a VM person will respond on here but can take a few days

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you John,

That worked perfectly.

Hey Georgegeorge, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

However I'm glad you have managed to resolve this.

Please let us know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?