cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No box in house

Rossdo
Tuning in

Hello

i do not have a box in the house that will connect this internet service. I have a BT Open Reach box and an old box marked FM TV. The connector I have marked Wall Socket will not fit this connection. 

I was led to believe when signing up for this service that it was a quick play service as virgin was already installed here.

I have checked outside and there is an old grey box on the wall outside with some form of twin connection inside. It is full of dust and cobwebs 

what do I do? Your customer service line is awful 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some installs are just a cable, no socket. Look outside for the omnibox on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. 
A photo of the existing cables would help.  VM only send QuickStart kits to properties that had VM in the past.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rossdo
Tuning in

OLDCAB.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is the correct box and you use the TV cable.  However it may be painted over and needs some cleaning before the new push on connector fits.  You can unscrew the cover and get more access to the cable or splitter to clean it up.  If there is a termination cap fitted, this will need to be removed by unscrewing off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OMG thanks 🙂 I will look again at it tonight. I attempted to push the cable in yesterday. I may need an adaptor of some sort.