cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wall socket

xRedVixen96x
Joining in

No Wall socket for virgin media, have Sky cables but none for virgin media. Is there anything I can do? (Wall socket I have is too small for the virgin cable) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not said, but I presume you've had a self-serve QuickStart install but don't have co-ax wall connection points where you want to use the VM kit. These are usually offered where there's previously been VM service.

In any case, if - for whatever reason - you don't have co-ax connection points where you need them, you'll need a manned engineer installation. You can either arrange that by calling in (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or by waiting here for a VM staffer to pickup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not said, but I presume you've had a self-serve QuickStart install but don't have co-ax wall connection points where you want to use the VM kit. These are usually offered where there's previously been VM service.

In any case, if - for whatever reason - you don't have co-ax connection points where you need them, you'll need a manned engineer installation. You can either arrange that by calling in (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or by waiting here for a VM staffer to pickup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Sometimes there is a suitable socket with the logo of one of VM's predecessor companies such as NTL or Telewest, sometimes there is only a coaxial cable poking through the wall.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I have the NTL but again doesn't have the outlet I need, it's the same size as sky so the cable doesn't fit and there isn't anything under it either 🤷‍♀️ 

Hi @xRedVixen96x, if you call our Pre-Installs team, they will be able to change the Quickstart installation to a manned install for you - 0800 052 1734

Kindest regards,

David_Bn