cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virign socket whatsoever. What shall I do?

brunos-zwirner
Joining in

Hi, I just moved in this house and subscribed for Virgin Broadband, the self installation kit. I have received today the router and I discovered I do not have any Virgin socket in this house?

1- how the heck is possible they let me choose self installation? if I never said "I do have your socket"

2 - What shall I do now? Cancel? there is no help line I can call to discuss it with somebody!

Very disappointed.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably the previous owner/tenant removed it. Call 

Pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably the previous owner/tenant removed it. Call 

Pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In additions to Tudor's advice, some properties do not have a socket, just a trailing cable.  Look on the outside wall for a brown or grey box and trace the cable from the outside to inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi if the other suggestions don't work you will have to ask for a manned install. Regards Micky

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi brunos-zwirner,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

From checking our services I can see you have an appointment booked for this.

Let us know how you get on! 

Thanks,

Kain

all sorted. The guy has added the Virgin socket, which I did not have in my new house.

Now everything works.

Thanks

Hi! We've got no VM wall socket inside the property, just the trailing cable from outside. Is it possible to hook the hub directly into the cable?

Yes it is, as mentioned above, some installations never had the nice wall box fitted and just had a training cable coming through the wall. 

Hi christinep1109,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Have you been able to sort the cabling issue? 

Let us know if this is something you still need help with.

Alex_Rm