cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin wall outlets

Davidson8955
Tuning in

Hi folks, I ordered the virgin media self install broadband package as virgin had told me I was eligible for it. After it arrived today and want to set it up I've found that I don't have the required outlets in my house. I live in a tenement flat which may be why I was told I was eligible for it. What's the best way to arrange for an engineer to install the required outlets as I have searched thoroughly online without any luck. Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Thats an Openreach connection - not VM. You will need to call in to arrange an installation.

Try the Pre-installation and delivery team first on 0800 052 1734

Before the usual CS number On.. 0345 454 1111

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are others in the tenament block connected to VM - if so how - do they have wall points and how are they connected to the VM signal distribution box? Is there a "box" somewhere in the property?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John, from what I can see by looking at the available WiFi networks on my phone there are two others connected to virgin media however I have no idea which two it is or how they are connected.

Davidson8955
Tuning in

20211011_204630.jpg

 this is the only thing I can find in the house 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Thats an Openreach connection - not VM. You will need to call in to arrange an installation.

Try the Pre-installation and delivery team first on 0800 052 1734

Before the usual CS number On.. 0345 454 1111

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Davidson8955,

This does look like a manual instal would be needed. Our records show that this has since been resolved with a manual install. Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Corey C